Microsoft Office is a software program that offers a bundle of different applications. There are many different variants that Microsoft has to offer. It differs per variant which applications are offered. There are also differences in the extra functions that some variants have to offer. This blog compares Office 2021 with Office 365. Which one is better suited for you?
What does Office 2021 have to offer?
Office 2021 offers the following variants:
Microsoft Office Home & Student 2021
This is the basic package of Microsoft Office 2021. It contains Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Microsoft Office Home & Business 2021
This is a slightly more extensive package than Home & Student, because this package contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Microsoft Office Standard 2021
This is the standard package of Microsoft Office 2021. It contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and OneNote.
Microsoft Office Professional 2021
This package includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Publisher.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021
This is the most complete package of Microsoft Office 2021. It contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote, Access and Teams.
All variants of the Microsoft license can be installed on 1 PC and can be perpetually usable In addition, all variants of Microsoft Office 2021 have support until October 14, 2026. Microsoft Office 2021 licenses are a one-time purchase that you can use indefinitely. A number of security and quality updates are possible with Microsoft Office 2021. A Microsoft Office 2021 license offers technical support for 60 days long. Furthermore, the applications with the current functions and options remain the same.
What does Office 365 have to offer?
Office 365 offers the following variants:
Microsoft Office 365 Family
This is the basic package of Microsoft Office 365. It offers Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook. It is intended for 2 to 6 people. You get 6TB of cloud storage on OneDrive.
Microsoft Office 365 Personal
The Personal variant offers the same as the Family variant. The big difference is that the Personal variant is intended for 1 person.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Basic
This is the basic Business package. It includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams. In addition, you can store data securely through OneDrive, Exchange and SharePoint.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Standard
This is the standard business package. It includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Publisher, and Access. Here too you can safely store data using OneDrive, Exchange and SharePoint.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
Just like Business Standard, this package contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Publisher and Access. Here too you can safely store data using OneDrive, Exchange and SharePoint. In addition, it also has Intune and Azure Information Protection.
Microsoft Office 365 Apps
This variant gives you access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Access. You also get 1TB of cloud storage on OneDrive.
Microsoft Office 365 E1
This is an online Office package that contains web versions of some Office applications. It allows you to share files, email and use teams.
Microsoft Office 365 E3
This package is a combination of E1 and Microsoft 365 Apps. In addition, this package offers even more safety and control with Compliance and security tools.
Microsoft Office 365 E5
This package is a combination of E1, E3 and Microsoft 365 Apps with more advanced security. This package also includes analysis tools and voice control.
Microsoft Office 365 Frontline variants
You can choose from Microsoft 365 F1, Microsoft 365 F3 and Office 365 F3. Frontline variants Provides efficient and fast access to services upfront.
With Office 365, applications are always up-to-date. Office 365 is Office in the form of a subscription. As a result, it offers infinite technical support until the subscription is stopped. Office 365 is available on Windows, macOS and mobile. Office 365 can be used indefinitely, as long as the subscription continues.
Office 2021 vs Office 365: What are the differences?
- Office 2021 is a one-time purchase, making it infinitely usable, while Office 365 is a subscription. As a result, Office 2021 is the cheapest option after 10 months. For as long as you want to use Office 365, the costs of the subscription continue, in the long term the costs are significantly higher than with the one-time purchase of Office 2021;
- The Office 365 applications remain up-to-date, those of Office 2021 do not;
- With Office 2021, technical support is offered for 60 days, with Office 365 as long as the subscription remains active.
Office 2021 vs Office 365: Which is one better suited for you?
Office 2021 is the best option when:
- You prefer not to subscribe. You no longer have to worry about recurring costs. It is a one-time payment, that's it;
- You are not interested in having all applications completely up to date, the main concern is that the program works.
- You want to save cost. If you plan to use Office for a long time, Office 2021 is a great investment. On average, Office 2021 licenses are the cheapest option after 10 months. To save even more money, you can request a quotation under this blog. Softtrader offers software licenses with up to 70% discount.
Office 365 is the best option when:
- You always want Microsoft Office up-to-date.
- You always want technical support.
Request a quotation!
Do you have questions? Contact us!
For more information about which Microsoft software and licenses are best for you, please contact us. We are available from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.