We, at Softtrader, receive a lot of questions, whether Office 2021 is compatible with Mac or not. In this blog you can learn if and when this is possible together with the respective system requirements.
Does Office 2021 work on Mac?
There are certain versions of Office 2021, that are compatible with and work well on Mac. These two packages are the only Office bundles that work well on Mac devices. A big advantage of acquiring these licenses at Softtrader, is the fact that the licenses are perpetual. This means you will never have to buy a new license again, unless you want a newer version, of course. Softtrader offers a separate Office Standard for Windows and a separate license Office Standard for Mac. For Professional Plus we offer one license for both operating systems. The only difference consists in the installation process. Below, you can read more about Office 2021 Professional Plus and Standard and their requirements.
Requirements for Office 2021 on Mac:
If you want to use Office 2021 Standard or Professional Plus on Mac, there are a few requirements that your device should meet. These requirements are:
- One of the three most recent versions of Mac OS
- 4 GB RAM
- 10 GB available hard disk space
- Display: 1280x800 for Mac
- Internet connection and a Microsoft account
Office 2021 Standard:
Microsoft Office Standard is a very accessible Office package for every kind of user. It of course offers the 4 standard applications, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and Excel. Next to that, Standard also comes with Outlook and Publisher. At Softtrader, we offer a separate Office 2021 Standard for Mac license. This version of Office standard works well with OneDrive. This mean you can work on your documents from different locations and devices, which can be very helpful.
With Office 2021 Standard you can use the following applications:
- Microsoft Word: This is the most popular word processing program, used for loads of different purposes.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: PowerPoint is one of the most used presentation tools, as it is very easy to use and has more options than ever.
- Microsoft OneNote: OneNote is mainly used for writing texts and making notes, which this is a very nice application for.
- Microsoft Excel: Within Excel, there is a wide variety of possibilities. From diagrams to databases, from graphs to tables.
- Microsoft Outlook: This is a mailing application, which can also be used for managing your agenda, in combination with appointments and contacts.
- Microsoft Publisher: Publisher is an advanced Microsoft application that allows text editing and writing. With this program you can create visuals such as flyers and brochures.
Office 2021 Professional Plus:
Microsoft Office 2021 Professional Plus is the most expensive and most extensive package out of the 5 packages that exist (Home & Student, Home & Business, Standard, Professional and Professional Plus). As all packages do, it consists the basic Office applications, which are Excel, PowerPoint, Word and OneNote. Next to that, it consists another few applications, which are Publisher, Teams, Outlook and Access. Professional Plus is the only package that offers Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Access: This is a relational database management system (RDMS) which allows your employees to manage information.
- Microsoft Teams: Is a very popular communications application. This has several useful functions such as a chat, calling, and an agenda.
- The only 2 packages of Office 2021 that can be used on Mac are Standard and Professional Plus.
- Before requesting your quote at Softtrader, check whether your device meets the system requirements above.
- Make sure you have a Microsoft account before activating your license. You can use the account you already have. If you do not have an account yet, you can create one.