End of Microsoft support for Windows Server 2016
When does Windows Server 2016 support end?
End of Life (EOL) for Windows Server 2016?
Alternatives to Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2019 vs. Windows Server 2022
Which server would be the best choice for you and your company is strongly dependent on your needs and cores. Another important factor in the upgrade decision making is of course the end of support for the newer versions. Microsoft has announced that it will support Windows Server 2016 until 09/01/2024. For Windows Server 2022 the end of support is 13/10/2026.
In the table below you can find a functional comparison between Windows Server 2019 and 2022.
Upgrading to Windows Server 2019/2022
You can read more about what second-hand licences are and whether they are legal on the blog here.
Installing Windows Server 2019/2022
After purchasing your Windows Server license, you can follow these 9 steps to install it.
- Make a choice about which license you want – Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2022
- Buy the license online; you can take a look at our product pallette
- After receiving the key, install the license on your computer and choose your preferred language and time zone
- Click on “Install now” and select your purchased version
- You will see the license terms, if you agree to them, continue further
- In case you have the older version installed already, you can select “Upgrade”; if not, press the custom button
- Choose where you want to install your server and press “Next”
- Now the installation has started; wait a couple of minutes until it is ready
- You can now choose a password and complete the installation by pressing the “Finish” button
Would you like to purchase Windows Server? You can request your quote below.
Do you have questions? Contact us!
For more information about which Microsoft software and licenses are best for you, please contact us. We are available from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.